|Entry for 12 Tags of 2013|
with Tim Holtz
I missed the January Entry
Well what am I doing entering a competition on Tim Holtz Blog??? I hardly dare post it in case people think what utter rubbish it doesn't belong on this Blog just below "His" work? Well you know what? Tim says be nice to youself and create something, so that is what I am doing. A person who says that is not going to be critical of your work, he is not going to tell you to take it off his Blog, he is not even going to comment on it at all because he probably won't even get to see it!!! Have you seen how many entries he gets, gogeous ones at that. So I thought I have nothing to loose just do it. I just love making Tags at the moment I can't get enough of them. I cover the backs of them, make a little slot and put a small tag with a message on the back to turn them into Birthday Cards.
So how did I make this?
PaperArtsy Tag Large
SplodgeAway Mat and Heart Mask
Range Dylusions Inks - Black Marble, Fresh Lime, PostBox Red
Range Liquid Pearls - Dark Chocolate, Rouge, Platinum Pearl
Tim Holtz Alterations Dress Form Die
Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink
Background - I sprayed the Dylusions through the Heart SplodgeAway Mask onto card, which is to be used at a later date. I used the ink that was left on the mask by placing it over the Tag, inky side down, and gently patting the mask to transfer the ink. This gives a negative form of the mask. I really liked this effect and so decided to use it on my project. I had covered areas with ripped up paper to control what colour went where, then at the end had a gentle spray over the top in the Fresh Lime, this colour is almost translucent and won't block everything underneath if you go light with it. So that is how I got the different colours on the negative image.
Edges - I then used my SplodgeAway Mat to ink up the edges in the Black Soot distress ink.
With the Liquid Pearls I put some over the hearts randomly and spread around with my fingers, then drew lines over some and left to dry. I placed the red hessian at the bottom and as the tie at the top to bring all the colours together.
Dress Form - I cut out the Dress Form on SplodgeAway Easy Ink. I was messing with backgrounds and put the Mask with the Red Dylusions Ink over the dress form and gently patted the back so that the ink that was on the mask would transfer, this gave me the negative of the Mask again. I really liked the look of this and decided all it needed was a little bit of black soot at the edges to finish it off.
That was it really, quite quick and simple. I could have added lots of embelishments but on this occasion I think there is enough on there.
Hope you like it, Sam