Followed By

Monday, 5 March 2012

SplodgeAway

Its great to see that the SplodgeAway mat, designed by Tom at Suzicraft.co.uk has now been officially launched. I was lucky enough to get one of these mats a while a go and its now part of my essential equipment. To see what its all about from Tom himself just look up SplodgeAway on YouTube. Is is bescically a mat that lets you play around with the ink off you pads and distress inks for as long as you want. It doesn't dry so you can blend it, push it to the corner when not using it. Today I was making a backing paper and instead of "stamping off" some ink onto waste paper to get a faint image I stamped it onto the SplodgAway so that none of the ink from the stamp was wasted. I also dabbed my Big and Juicy pad onto it so that I could mix up all the colours with my Brayer without spoiling the pad. I did this to make a backing peaper which I wanted to look semi-faded. Anyway if you want one of these Mats you can order them from Suzicraft.co.uk for now. I am only endorsing this mat because I love it and anyone who has tried to blend ink on a Glass mat or any other for that matter will know there is a lot of friction and the inks dry out. Not the case on the SplodgeAway. Well done Tom and Sue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi , I called in the shop today & was greeted by the lovely Freda, she was so friendly & helpful.... & she made me a cuppa.... I was very impressed with the stock in the shop & spent £50 plus.... I shall be visiting again.
    Sylvia Anderson.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Teesside, United Kingdom
I am proud to be on the Design Team for Claritystamp & for the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog and the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog. I have always had an interest in Arts & Crafts and studied for six years and gained certificates in Arts & Crafts, Interior Design, and Soft Furnishings, I even did a Painter & Decorator course. I was originally taught everything I know by my Mam and I now have a passion/obsession for crafts as I develop my techniques. I archived my Goal and have now worked as a demonstrator too.