Followed By

Friday, 2 March 2012

O'h What a Wonderful Day

Dragged the kids out of bed, threw some calpol down my daughters throat in plenty of time for her to feel like playing cowboys and indians before school (from the advert!!!) She has had the sniffles for a few days but my Brayering class with Annette Lee had been booked a lot longer than that!! Anyway my daughter did go into school for world book day yesterday so I didn't feel tooooooo guilty. So in excited anticipation, Brayer in hand, inks at the ready, Barbara Grey special papers laid out, a seat at the "Naughty Table" and my Splodgeaway Mat at hand, I was not dissapointed, yet again Annette Lee produced some gorgeous, inspirational cards for us to copy / ha hem, interpret in our own way that almost looks the same!!! I learnt new basic techniques which make the finished result much more professional. My Brayer had started to gather dust a bit as I wasn't getting the result I wanted, but now I know why and even as I type Blog I am dying to "whip out my Brayer" one more time today!!! I really enjoyed the class and am looking forward to the next one. Then on my way home I decided to nip into Suzie Craft before getting my kids some fruit from Asda. Tom and Suzie weren't in but Freda was, we had a cuppa, a good natter and showed each other our latest projects. Its great to swap ideas and papers with each other, and its great to talk to someone who loves the same kind of images as yourself. Freda has inspired me to not always try for the "commercial" card but to just craft for myself, I am producing some very different work at the moment which I must admit I love making. Anyway me and Freda got carried away a little bit and I ran out of time and so did not make it to Asda, but hey ho, I must have a tin of oranges in syrup in the cupboard somewhere!! I do tell my kids if they wanted a Domestic Goddess they should have got themselves a Real Mam!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teesside, United Kingdom
I am proud to be on the Design Team for Claritystamp & for the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog and the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog. I have always had an interest in Arts & Crafts and studied for six years and gained certificates in Arts & Crafts, Interior Design, and Soft Furnishings, I even did a Painter & Decorator course. I was originally taught everything I know by my Mam and I now have a passion/obsession for crafts as I develop my techniques. I archived my Goal and have now worked as a demonstrator too.