Followed By

Saturday, 10 September 2011

Starting a Craft Techniques Class

Hi all, I have decided to start up a craft class, if anyone who lives  locally would like to come along please contact me on my Visitors Form on my website www.samshomecookeddesigns.com  or by email cards.@samshomecookeddesigns.com or via this blog.  The Classes will be held at The Pottery Loft in Billingham, Stockton - on - Tees, where the Stoney Oak used to be. You can check out their website www.thepotteryloft.co.uk. Classes will be held on Thursday - the first one starts on 22nd September 2011 at 10.15 to 12.15. Price is £7.50 - I have to cover the cost of the hire of seats and will be providing the materials and equipment and there will be a free raffle every other week.

I know crafters like to gather together and there is a real lack of classes in my area.  It won't be a class where you get a card and some papers and you copy what I do - crafters have their own ideas or they wouldn't be crafters.  My class is all about teaching a variety of techniques that can be used in different ways on different projects and mixing and matching projects.  I.e. crossing over card making, jewellery making, scrapbooking, knitting, sewing etc.  I have cutting machines, embossing machines and a million and one ideas.  Once the crafters have learnt techniques or have played with differnt colouring mediums for stamps or have the know how to make a flat piece of paper jump off the card - they can then use those skills to come up with their own designs. This is a big step for me - but I am looking forward to it!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Teesside, United Kingdom
I am proud to be on the Design Team for Claritystamp & for the Clarity Stamp Challenge Blog and the Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog. I have always had an interest in Arts & Crafts and studied for six years and gained certificates in Arts & Crafts, Interior Design, and Soft Furnishings, I even did a Painter & Decorator course. I was originally taught everything I know by my Mam and I now have a passion/obsession for crafts as I develop my techniques. I archived my Goal and have now worked as a demonstrator too.